Why invest in Bansko
There are a number of reasons why Bansko is in such high demand. These
1. Well Established Infrastructure of ski lifts, pistes, restaurants,
bars, hotels and resort facilities.
2. Proximity to Sofia means holiday makers only have a 2 hour drive to
3. Extensive Marketing Campaign which will keep Bansko the number one
ski resort in Bulgaria.
4. All Year Round Rental Season offering skiing in the winter,
mountaineering, trekking and water sports in the spring and summer.
5. Planned 2 Golf Courses within the next 18 months.
- In 2003 the price per m2 was €650, now it is around
€1200 m2 and not slowing down.
- Rapidly becoming the most sought after area for
investment in Europe. Property in Bulgaria is still some of the
cheapest in Europe and it is still possible to find front ski &
- 1,248,138 foreigners visited Bulgaria in the period
January - May 2004.
- The diverse geography and climate allows both ski and
- The general cost of living is one of the cheapest in
- Bulgaria is close and within 3 hours or less from the
United Kingdom, Holland and Germany by plane.
- Bulgaria joined NATO in 2004 and is set to Join the
EU in 2007.
- Bulgaria is stable. In 1999 the Bulgarian currency
was tied to the German mark and subsequently the Euro, tabilising the
currency and allowing for economic growth.
- Planned route for Budget Airlines.